Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Trevor's Turtley Awesome 6th Birthday Party

As August comes around this year, I can't help but reminisce to Trevor's last birthday party. It was turtley awesome. It started with this invite:

 
I drew Michaelangelo, Leonardo and Donatello on the pavement using regular ol sidewalk chalk, then had Trevor lay down with them and then started snapping away. When I edited the picture, I lowered the brightness and #turnedup the contrast to make the the turtles pop against the pavement. It turned out way better than I envisioned it in my head. I am a sidewalk chalk freak! You can make the cutest pictures using it!
 
Next up is his turtley awesome cake (yes, I am going to keep using that phrase). I was inspired by a cake I saw online but made it into my own. The cake is something I start planning weeks in advance and the day before the party I am usually running around frantically trying to get everything ready for the party and finishing the cake. I think I stayed up until 1 or 2 am to finish decorating this the night (or morning of) before his party. I'll do anything to make their birthday a day to remember. I thought this turned out pretty dang cute! Most importantly, he thought it was awesome!

 
Here is my handsome, cool 6 year old! With a TMNT shirt and nunchucks of course!


 I couldn't quite get a good picture of the banner because of the lovely wind, but here it is!
 
 
These are some ninja turtle treats. Each turtle had it's own color of treat. I could not find blue or purple candy without ordering something online and I ran out of time to do that before the party. I was just going to rock Raphael and Michelangelo's treat colors but a party guest graciously brought purple taffy and vanilla tootsie rolls! Everything came together great. Oh and the "sewer lid" oreos with green mint filling was a great touch too.

 
Turtley awesome lanterns! Again, these were going crazy with the wind and were never all facing the same direction. This decor would be best used to decorate an inside party.

 
Treat bags! Also, on the side I had bought all of the ninja turtle's eye pieces and their weapons (part of his bday present) for party guests to dress like a ninja turtle and snap a picture.

 
Pinata time!

 
All of the kids had dibs on a different turtle head! You'll notice in the background we had pizza for lunch. What kind of ninja turtle party doesn't have pizza?


Annnd I hope you had a turtley great time reading this ninja turtle birthday party blog!! :)
 
 
 


3 comments: